In 2014, the Association worked with the City to get additional rules for St. Armands Circle Park added to the City's Special Events Ordinance. From the ordinance:
Additional standards, restrictions and requirements for special event permits for events in St. Armands Circle Park.
(1) The office of special events shall not issue special event or park permits for events to be held during the time period from February 1 through April 30.
(2) During the remainder of the year, no more than one (1) special event shall be permitted in St. Armands Circle Park per weekend and no more than two (2) special events per month shall be permitted in St. Armands Circle Park except for the months of January and October, when no more than three (3) events per month shall be permitted.
(3) No activities associated with the event (including set up and removal) shall take place in the park prior to 7:00 a.m. or after 11:00 p.m.
(4) Storage of materials and equipment for the special event shall not occur more than one (1) day prior to the commencement of the event and all materials and equipment placed in the park for the event must be removed no later than one (1) day after the event.
(5) No special event shall cause the closure of lanes of traffic on St. Armands Circle or shall redirect traffic from its normal flow around the circle.
(6) When a reservation request for a special event in St. Armands Circle Park is filed with the special events office, notification shall be given to the St. Armands Residents Association, St. Armands Circle Association and the St. Armands Business Improvement District via email that the request has been filed. No special event permit shall be approved sooner than forty (40) days from the date that the notice of the reservation request was emailed to the aforementioned parties.